Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to The Prodigious Pint!  I guess this is a good place to say a bunch of cliche things about the goals of the blog, how it will be the most fantastic thing ever, change the world of ice cream, etc.  Alright, well good thing that is out of the way!

I've created this blog to share my ice cream making experiences and favorite recipes.  About six months ago, I received an ice cream machine for my birthday and have been making ice cream, pint by pint, quart by quart ever since.  Recipes have been everything from basic chocolate to a Guinness Draught Chocolate Chip.  I even went so far as to take what some called a sacrilegious step, by making a Guinness Ice Cream Beer Float- it was delicious!  Unfortunately, not all flavors turn out to be the best ever, eg Blueberry Muffin, but by and large they turn out decently.  I hope to share insights into different techniques, ingredients, and flavor combinations as I learn.

Over the next year, it is my goal to try out a new flavor each week.  While I would love to eat all of the ice cream, I'd rather not end up looking like Boba Fett correction Jabba the Hutt.  To assist me along the way will be a trusted team of taste testers at the office who never balk at the words 'free ice cream'.


Finally, two hat tips to be given out.  First one to Deana who gave me the machine and a second to Dave who suggested that I blog about my ice cream making- thanks to both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment